Subject: Color video LKM and -current system
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <PREGMAN1@wit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/22/1997 17:21:35
I have recently upgraded to -current (the September 13 tarballs, to be
exact) and would like to continue using the X colorkit which I made use
of under 1.2.  I've followed the instructions for installing the LKM,
however it refuses to actually load, citing undefined symbols of
`_nubus_video_resource'.  I've tried running ld on it, but I really have
no clue what I'm doing with ld, so needless to say it hasn't helped.  I
did notice a caveat on the FAQ page which basically states that the LKM
*may* not work with -current setups, and *definitely* will not compile
under them (I can personally attest to both).  My question, basically,
is this:  what are my options here (and no, "don't run X in color" is
not acceptable :>), and what can I do about it?  I'm sure at *least*
one other person has run into this dilemma, given the popularity of
both the colorkit and of -current.  Thanks.