Subject: Re: Geoport Telecom Adapter on Q840AV
To: None <aaron.brown@gsfc.nasa.gov, port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Eric Damien Berna <eric@thiel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/22/1997 12:11:08
At 9:36 AM -0500 9/22/97, Aaron Brown wrote:
>Is anyone using a Q840AV with Geoport Telecom adapter to connect via
>SLIP/PPP to an ISP?
>
>If so, can you give me any setup hints?

The Geoport Telecom adapter is not a modem. It is the minimum hardware for
digital to analog conversion. The rest of the modem is in software that
runs on the DSP chip in the Q840AV. To get this to work under NetBSD,
somebody would have to reimplement this under NetBSD. So, I doubt that this
will ever work under NetBSD.

The best hint I can give is to get a complete external modem.

Eric Damien Berna
eric@thiel.com

Mac IIcx running NetBSD/mac68k version 1.2.1