Subject: screwed up fs
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Armen Babikyan <armenb@moof.ai.mit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/20/1997 15:01:42
hi,

the power here just screwed up, and my NetBSD system rebooted. except when
it rebooted, it didn't want to boot (couldn't read executable stuff on the
kernel).

i opened up the macbsd installer utility to see why it couldn't read the
kernel, and noticed a bunch of "fstat: no such file or directory" by where
/etc, /dev, /usr and /netbsd should be. few other too, but i don't know
what directories they used to be.

i found another kernel i could boot from, and i booted that with no
problems, but my kernel hung at something relating to /dev/console missing
shortly before the point the machine would have booted into single user. i
ctrl-c'ed, and the kernel panic'ed and jumped to zero.

so now i have a problem. how do i fsck the disk in macos? :-)

i tried recreating devices, but that let to a bunch of mknod and chmod
errors in the installer utility. i didn't dare rm -r /dev and mkdir /dev
until i heard some other thoughts...anyone?

thanks for any help,

  - a

 Armen Babikyan - armenb@moof.ai.mit.edu
    ----<insert lame quote here>----