Subject: StyleWriterII Printing
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <ADAMGOOD@delphi.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/20/1997 08:08:50
Hi Everyone,

If anything worked on the first try, I guess it wouldn't be MacBSD
(for me).  I have my PB160 hooked up to a StyleWriterII, and I
downloaded and installed Monroe Williams "lpstyl" driver and scripts.

I can't get it to work.

I grabbed Ghostscript 4.0.3 off of the NetBSD-Amiga ftp area and
tried using that for rasterizing the output.  I think there might
be some problems with the scripts; for example, in the "stylps"
script (and the others), gs is passed an option -r360x360, but
I think that maybe it should be a -g360x360.  In any case, gs
barfs with the -r like that, and produces a file the other way.

Unfortunately, even when I get a file out of gs, if I try
to send it to the printer, nothing gets printed out.  lpd talks
to the StyleWriter, and it makes noise and does a form feed
(spits out a blank sheet of paper), but then nothing happens.

Does anyone have any experience with these drivers/printers?  I
read the FAQ and looked at Bill Studenmund's reply to the
question about the DeskWriter.  Thinking that might have something
to do with everything, I issued the stty command that he
specifies there, and tried printing again.  I got the same
result (nothing).

Any assistance with this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much,

-Adam