Subject: Hacking Out Serial Support (Duo 230)
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Thomas J. Tarka <tommy@slackers.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/19/1997 02:23:11
After a number of attempts at running NetBSD on my Duo 230, I am finanly
quite serious about the matter (as the duo is in quite a state of
disrepair (so that it is no longer useful as a laptop)).

So, with the Daishi Duo kernel and 1.2.1 sources (1.2G doesn't work but
will post later on that), the duo boots just fine and runs BSD
lickity split (well, compared to the IIcx I have).  My problem arises that
I cannot connect to anything!  Well, to my knowledge at least.  I've tried
booting to a serial console or booting with a serial port accepting
connections, (both while in a Duo Mini-Dock, because unfortunately,
the duo will not boot MacOS (for some unknown reason) without the dock)
to no avail.

However, when I hit return on the machine (a Classic) connected via
printer-cable to the Duo, and using Zterm, the duo and NetBSD hang/freeze.
This same setup (Classic to NetBSD box) works when connecting to my IIcx.

So, if anyone has any hints on what I may be doing wrong or if Daishi's
kernel even supports Mini-dock serial ports, I'd be obliged.

If the case is that no one has ideas or it's not supportted, I'm ready to
get in and try to figure out how to get the serial port on the Dock
supported, but I need pointers on methodology in hacking this out and
any general ideas on how to begin.

Thanks in advance,
	Tom

ps please respond directly and/or let me know where there  is a mailing
list archive...the one on NetBSD.org doesn' seem to work...

Tommy Tarka                         | http://clockwork.dementia.org/~tommy
Webmaster, PfC, ET, H3'er           |         tommy@clockwork.dementia.org
       "Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun" - Ash, Army of Darkness