Subject: Re: syquest spits out... (fwd)
To: Christopher R. Bowman <crb@Glue.umd.edu>
From: tcjam <tcjam@voicenet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/17/1997 16:48:45
Check out the SilverLining Lite Control Panel that came with your drive
thoroughly. There is an option to make it not "Auto eject". It will act
like a hard drive untill you happen to bump/otherwise press the eject
button :) I believe you can set this once and it should be stored in the
on disk driver so you won't have to install the control panel on every
machine you use but I have had trouble with getting this particular
feature to "stick".

On Wed, 17 Sep 1997, Christopher R. Bowman wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Sep 1997, r-y-a-n/n-e-l-s-o-n wrote:
>

> > hi guys... long-time listner, first-time caller... :)
>
> Welcome to the show!
>
> > two questions:
> >
> > when i boot from the macos partition on the syquest, then run the booter,
> > it does the "so i sez to him..." thing, then unmounts all the drives,
> > which makes the syquest SPIT OUT it's cartridge.  is there anyway to do a
> > remount of things so that doesn't happen?  as it stands, i have to be
> > sitting there, to flip the "drive lock" lever back down, so it can remount
> > the removable really quick.
>
> I believe that there are some mac side drivers that can be told to treat
> the cartridge like a hard drive, and not spit it out at reboot, but I
> don't know what ones do this, I suppose someone else on the list will
> have to tell you this
>
> > the other one:  i'm trying to make this cartridge boot an LCII and/or a
> > MacII with the 68851 ... did the mac-side utilities note that i was
> > installing on IIsi originally, and only put glue in for those roms?  the
> > LCII freezes at "so i sez to him..." , and well, the macII has mangled
> > ram, so i haven't gotten that far yet.
>
> No, it isn't the mac side utils that do this, but you. What ever kernel
> you might be installing might not work on both machines, I don't know
> for sure, since I don't have any of these machines, so I don't follow
> the ins and outs of kernels for them.
>
> ---------
> Christopher R. Bowman
> crb@Glue.umd.edu
> My home page

                                 \||||/
                                  o  o
|| "Please explain to me the scientific          |  tcjam@voicenet.com ||
||   nature of the whammy." -Scully              ______________________||
|| "Foolproof systems don't take into account,                         ||
||  the ingenuity of fools" -Unknown 			               ||
||   PGP key can be obtained from:                                     ||
||      http://www.voicenet.com/~tcjam/home/keys.html                  ||