Subject: Re: Drive Problems (Was Re: your mail)
To: Christopher R. Bowman <crb@Glue.umd.edu>
From: tcjam <tcjam@voicenet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/17/1997 16:34:27
While I agree that this is not the off by one error because I didn't
add/remove any partitions. I think it had more to do with in what order
the partitions were listed I had originally made swap the last partition
and the installer crashed just after I selected the drive. I tried it
again with swap first followed by the root & usr then finally the three
HFS partitions and it worked fine. I don't know what is going on but I
didn't have this problem when I first got this drive because I just
mounted it under NetBSD and cp'd over the files I needed.

On Wed, 17 Sep 1997, Christopher R. Bowman wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Sep 1997, tcjam wrote:
>
> I didn't think this was the off by one partition problems as I thought
> that had been fixed in the installer that I was using which was
> pretty recent.
>
> > Seconded!  I recently reformated my 2gig quantum with three HFS
> > partitions, NetBSD root&usr/NetBSD swap and had the installer crap out in
> > the same way. I managed to get past it by rearranging the partition map I
> > think but I'd like to see this resolved.
> >
> > tcjam
> >

> ---------
> Christopher R. Bowman
> crb@Glue.umd.edu
> My home page

                                 \||||/
                                  o  o
|| "Please explain to me the scientific          |  tcjam@voicenet.com ||
||   nature of the whammy." -Scully              ______________________||
|| "Foolproof systems don't take into account,                         ||
||  the ingenuity of fools" -Unknown 			               ||
||   PGP key can be obtained from:                                     ||
||      http://www.voicenet.com/~tcjam/home/keys.html                  ||