Subject: Re: syquest spits out... (fwd)
To: r-y-a-n/n-e-l-s-o-n <ryan@inch.com>
From: Christopher R. Bowman <crb@Glue.umd.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/17/1997 15:25:32
On Wed, 17 Sep 1997, r-y-a-n/n-e-l-s-o-n wrote:

> hi guys... long-time listner, first-time caller... :)

Welcome to the show!

> two questions:
>
> when i boot from the macos partition on the syquest, then run the booter,
> it does the "so i sez to him..." thing, then unmounts all the drives,
> which makes the syquest SPIT OUT it's cartridge.  is there anyway to do a
> remount of things so that doesn't happen?  as it stands, i have to be
> sitting there, to flip the "drive lock" lever back down, so it can remount
> the removable really quick.

I believe that there are some mac side drivers that can be told to treat
the cartridge like a hard drive, and not spit it out at reboot, but I
don't know what ones do this, I suppose someone else on the list will
have to tell you this

> the other one:  i'm trying to make this cartridge boot an LCII and/or a
> MacII with the 68851 ... did the mac-side utilities note that i was
> installing on IIsi originally, and only put glue in for those roms?  the
> LCII freezes at "so i sez to him..." , and well, the macII has mangled
> ram, so i haven't gotten that far yet.

No, it isn't the mac side utils that do this, but you. What ever kernel
you might be installing might not work on both machines, I don't know
for sure, since I don't have any of these machines, so I don't follow
the ins and outs of kernels for them.

---------
Christopher R. Bowman
crb@Glue.umd.edu