Subject: Re: your mail
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: Christopher R. Bowman <crb@Glue.umd.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/17/1997 01:57:13
Since someone else on this list is talking about problems with disk drives
I thought I would add my own experience.  I recently bought a 2gig Seagate
Medalist Ultra SCSI (narrow) drive that I installed in my 660av, I
partitioned it into 3 mac drives and a netbsd and swap partiton, the
macside newfs worked fine, but the installer crashed into macsbugs
every time it started up. This is not a case of operator error, I have
done lots of installs.  The disk is working fine under MacOS, and
I took this drive and mounted it from within netbsd (I used another disk
on the same machine as root, and mounted this disk as /u1) and it
works fine there, but when I coppied over all of my other root disk
onto the Seagate  and tried to boot it, the booter refused.  I haven't
been able to play with this for a while, and when I get a chance I will
step through the installer in a debugger to see what is going on, but I
thought I would give the list a heads up, and see if anyone has any ideas.

---------
Christopher R. Bowman
crb@Glue.umd.edu
My home page