Subject: X stuff
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Adrian Rollett <acrollet+@andrew.cmu.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/16/1997 12:20:56
Hi,

I am having a funny problem getting color X running on my IIci - the lkm
on GENERIC#38 does not seem to work for me, but I grabbed the new SLOTMAN
kernel, and mono X works just fine - However, when I try to run the 960503
kernel, it gets to the point of turning the screen grey (true grey, not
mono) and then dies, saying "could not load default font path
'xxxxx/100dpi, xxxxx/75dpi, etc. (where xxxxx is a good path to those
dirs)' The server then dies, saying it quit because it couldn't find
default font fixed. (calls it a fatal error)

I am running a IIci with the 1.2G tarballs, an apple 8-bit video card

thanks!

-Adrian

Adrian Rollett						5425 Forbes Ave.
Majetich Lab - Carnegie Mellon University 		Pittsburgh, PA
acrollett@cmu.edu					15217
Finger for pgp public key etc.|