Subject: Re: Up and running
To: None <LARRY.KOLLAR@Sciatl.COM>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/15/1997 09:18:31
LARRY.KOLLAR@Sciatl.COM wrote:

> Well, it looks like I have NetBSD/mac68k 1.2.1 running on my IIsi's Jaz
> drive.  Nice little weekend project that ended just after midnight last
> night (***YAWN***).  Love the 48-line console, by the way... reminds me
> of my first job out of college, writing documentation on Chromatics
> hardware.

Congratulations!  You've managed to complete what seems to be the hardest
part

> Anyway, if I were to write up an Install-HOWTO, where should I submit it
> for peer review & eventual posting to the macbsd site?  After reading the
> FAQs, install document on netbsd.org, and scanning the digests, there were
> a couple of annoying information gaps (and *nothing* is immediately obvious
> to a non-sysadmin suffering from mild sleep deprivation :-), plus a slight
> error or two.

You can send it to me, and I can make sure it gets put on puma.  In
addition, I can probably merge any useful info that's missing from the
INSTALL doc into the INSTALL doc.

> I should have a first draft ready later this week... probably before I get
> PPP up under NetBSD. :-)

Be sure to check out the PPP kits on ftp.macbsd.com.  They're pretty
helpful.

> Oh, BTW, is there any way to completely shut down the computer from NetBSD
> without rebooting into MacOS first?

Usually, 'shutdown -h now' works for most people (there is an occasionally
recurring bug where this will hang, but it doesn't seem to occur all that
often).

I hope this helps.

Later.