Subject: Re: ld.so: undefined symbol
To: None <ADAMGOOD@delphi.com>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/15/1997 09:10:37
ADAMGOOD@delphi.com wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> Can anyone please explain to me why I'm getting the following error
> when I try to run a program I just compiled?  I type: ./fsasim,
> and I get:
>
> /usr/libexec/ld.so: undefined symbol "_tgetstr" in \
> fsasim:/usr/lib/libcurses.so.2.1
>
> There is no line break, but I put one there for this e-mail.  Isn't
> _tgetstr in libtermcap?  I don't think there is anyplace in the
> program (fsasim) that calls the curses library.
>
> What's up with this?  Can it be fixed?
>
> Thanks for any help.

You need to add -ltermcap to your compile command line.  I assume you're
probably compiling a c++ program and have used the iostreams library,
since this is the usual cause of such an error message.  I believe that
this problem is a bug in gcc, but the above work around will work for now.

I hope this helps.

Later.