Subject: Up and running
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <LARRY.KOLLAR@Sciatl.COM>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/15/1997 10:57:00
Well, it looks like I have NetBSD/mac68k 1.2.1 running on my IIsi's Jaz
drive.  Nice little weekend project that ended just after midnight last
night (***YAWN***).  Love the 48-line console, by the way... reminds me
of my first job out of college, writing documentation on Chromatics
hardware.

Anyway, if I were to write up an Install-HOWTO, where should I submit it
for peer review & eventual posting to the macbsd site?  After reading the
FAQs, install document on netbsd.org, and scanning the digests, there were
a couple of annoying information gaps (and *nothing* is immediately obvious
to a non-sysadmin suffering from mild sleep deprivation :-), plus a slight
error or two.

I should have a first draft ready later this week... probably before I get
PPP up under NetBSD. :-)

Oh, BTW, is there any way to completely shut down the computer from NetBSD
without rebooting into MacOS first?

        Larry.Kollar@sciatl.com