Subject: Device space stuff
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael R Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/15/1997 00:53:56
Kernel hackers:

I was hacking on some CIVIC support code and I noticed that IOBase for the
AV machines is listed at 0x50f00000. Sorry, the video controller is located
at 0x50036000. That probably explains why we are getting such horrible
noises and strange video "roll-up" if PRAM isn't zapped. We need to be
mapping in memory earlier. My guess is device space starts at the more
traditional location of 0x50000000.

I don't think that region's getting mapped in or something since it seems
that when my code touches stuff in IOBase - 0xStuff I get a nice kernel
panic. What can I do about this? Can I fix this temporarily using bus_map?

In related stories. I'm writing the DAFB driver which touches memory way
up in 0xF0800000 land and it's bombing too. When I access memory up there
is a bus space map required? The reason I'm asking is because the test
kernels I'm running haven't been converted to bus space accesses yet.
They just touch memory by dereferencing volatile pointers.

Thanks!