Subject: Mac68k Installer 1.1d problem
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ivan Curtis <icurtis@radlogic.com.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/15/1997 12:16:55
Bob Nestor <rnestor@metronet.com> wrote:
>>I have a similar problem.  I don't have the tools to partion a drive under
>>mac, but I should be able to use a drive partioned under another os?
>>For some reason also the stuff-it expander has stopped working for me, so
>>I can't expand the install, and mkfs.  Any clues?
>
>The NetBSD FAQ has a description of a simple ResEdit patch to Apple HD
>Setup that makes it work on most non-Apple disks.  Since this is part of

I hand patched the system 7.0.1 Apple HD SC setup with ResEdit to
partition my non-apple quantum drive. I am writing the procedure up,
and will post it on my web page soon.

When I was starting out with NetBSD/Mac68k I looked at all the FAQs I
could get my hands on and I don't recall finding this mentioned. I
found it in an old mail message in a mac software archive somewhere.

Ivan
icurtis@radlogic.com.au                                 ph: 61 8 8373-3990
Adelaide, South AUSTRALIA                               fx: 61 8 8373-3251