Subject: Re: Audio
To: wormey@eskimo.com (Space Case), Michael Peters <sailor@oro.net>
From: Armen Babikyan <armenb@moof.ai.mit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/14/1997 14:26:36
At 11:15 PM -0700 9/13/97, Space Case wrote:
>On Sep 13, 11:03pm, Michael Peters wrote:
>>  I recall asking a similar question a few months ago, getting no
>>response.  Could someone point me at the portion(s) of code that do the
>>'pop' noise that NetBSD currently generates for a 'beep'?  I'm no hack
>>genious, but I'm willing to at least look at the code.
>
>I'd be willing to bet that there's some machine dependence there, because
>the same kernel that makes a 'pop' on my C610 makes a nice 'beep' on my
>Mac II.  Probably something in the frequency domain, and the 'pop' is
>really a compressed-in-time beep.

My Mac IIvx makes a noise similar to that of a pop using NetBSD/mac68k 1.2
GENERIC#1 kernel. at least, it doesn't sound like a "beep".  however, using
GENERICSBC#20, i hear a different noise, somewhat to the effect of grinding
something together. it sound more like a beep, kinda, but i dunno.
give you any clues? maybe.
  - a

 Armen Babikyan - armenb@moof.ai.mit.edu
    ----<insert lame quote here>----