Subject: Re: Motorola dumps Mac business!
To: None <jmetzger@atmnet.net, port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Daniel R. Killoran,Ph.D. <drk@shore.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/14/1997 11:26:42
>Daniel R. Killoran,Ph.D. wrote:
>>
>> >BTW Dan, the project is officialy dead.... so we won't need the IrDA
>> >stuff.... It's really too bad, the design was really far better than
>> >anything Apple is likely to offer in the next 18 months....
>>
>> Yeah, I kinda figured that would be the case. Oh, well... since the Mac
>> work has all dried up I guess I'll switch to writing UNIX drivers.
>>
>> Dan Killoran
>
>There's always Rhapsody drivers.....   :).

No. There are a LOT more UNIX systems than there will EVER be of Rhapsody.
I am not going to invest in learning any new Apple technology for a while.
The last 4 I learned were:

      PCI drivers    still live, but Mac work has dried up
      QD GX          dead
      OpenDoc        dead
      PowerTalk      dead

See my point?

Dan Killoran

Got a device you would like to have run on the Mac? Call:
                 Daniel-the-Driver-Maker
      Fast service - accurate work - responsive support

         (Offer void wherever taxed or prohibited!)