Subject: Re: Audio
To: Michael Peters <sailor@oro.net>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/13/1997 23:15:55
On Sep 13, 11:03pm, Michael Peters wrote:
>  I recall asking a similar question a few months ago, getting no
>response.  Could someone point me at the portion(s) of code that do the
>'pop' noise that NetBSD currently generates for a 'beep'?  I'm no hack
>genious, but I'm willing to at least look at the code.

I'd be willing to bet that there's some machine dependence there, because
the same kernel that makes a 'pop' on my C610 makes a nice 'beep' on my
Mac II.  Probably something in the frequency domain, and the 'pop' is
really a compressed-in-time beep.

Look in the directory src/sys/arch/mac68k/dev, in the files asc.c and ite.c.

~Steve

--
Steven R. Allen - wormey@eskimo.com      http://www.eskimo.com/~wormey/

	-Kyle Hearn  <kyle@intex.net>