Subject: Re: COMMENT OUT NetBSD/mac68k
To: None <emmettp@primenet.com>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/13/1997 22:54:31
Emmett D. Payne wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I downloaded GENERIC-35 and this time I was able to boot much further
> before it bombed. It seemed to have stopped because an "init" was not
> found. Any thoughts on how to proceed are appreciated.

[boot message snipped]

> root on sd0a dumps on sd0b
> PRAM time does not appear to have been read corectly.
> PRAM: 0x83da4f80,      macos_boottime: 0x341aef55.
> root file system type:ffs
> init: not found
> panic: no init
>  stopped at     _Debugger+0x6:    unlk       	a6
>  db>
> Also, since I have never had or seen a system that was running... am I
> getting any closer?

I'm pretty sure that this one is in the FAQ (take a look at it on
www.macbsd.com or www.netbsd.org).  However, the answer is most likely
that you need to install /sbin/init.  Do an 'ls /sbin/init' in the
minishell of the Installer to see if it's there or not.  If not, try
reinstalling the base distribution.

I hope this helps.

Later.