Subject: Re: COMMENT OUT NetBSD/mac68k
To: None <emmettp@primenet.com>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/13/1997 12:16:03
Emmett D. Payne wrote:

> I don't have a working NetBSD system, and I need to comment out the
> MRG_ADB option in the NetBSD-current/mac68k using the MacOS on a
> PowerBook 170 8/500 (68030).
>
> Tools available include CodeWarrior 10 Gold, Alpha, BBEdit 4.5 Demo,
> Resedit, Stuffit, MacGzip, McZip, suntar, ZipIt, and ShrinkWrap.
>
> What other tools are need to read and change the NetBSD source code.
>
> Disabling the MRG_ADB option, turns on both the Power Manager driver
> and the ADB interface (screen) which hopefully will give  the PowerBook
> a working NetBSD system.

This is only going to be useful if you can compile your own kernels.
Which, if you can do, then you can just use 'vi' :-)  What you probably
need to do is download a copy of a recent -current kernel which had the
option disabled in its kernel config file.  I believe that there are some
on ftp.netbsd.org (check the README to see which ones are which), and
there is also the latest HWDIRECT kernel on ftp.macbsd.com.  Once you have
your system up and running and can compile your own kernels, then you can
use 'vi' (or install some other editor) and edit:

/usr/src/sys/arch/mac68k/conf/GENERIC

or copy that file to some other name and edit then.

Anyway, I hope this helps some.

Later.