Subject: Re: uninstalling
To: Jeffrey Ohlmann <jaohlma@BGNet.bgsu.edu>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/13/1997 11:52:50
Jeffrey Ohlmann wrote:

> Is there any good (read: not overly time-consuming) way to "uninstall" one
> or another of the binary package?  I have limited diskspace, and I cannot
> have everything installed at any one given time.  For example, I might
> need to remove everything in the "comp" package to make room for the X
> package.

I'm pretty sure that there's no automatic way to do this.  Your're pretty
much going to have to remove it by hand.

> Even just a list of filenames & locations included in each package would
> expedite this process.  Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

Although I know that there is some makefile which contains this list,
chances are you aren't compiling the world right now, so you won't have
it.  If you still have a copy of the comp binary, you can do a

tar tzvf comp.tar.gz

To get a list of all the files in the comp distribution.

I hope this helps some.

Later.