Subject: C610 Boot Problems
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Roy Wood <rrwood@execulink.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/10/1997 07:34:00
I'm having a little trouble getting NetBSD up and running on my Centris
610, and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.  I'm really close,
but it hangs just after this:

<lots of stuff omitted>
boot device: sd1
root on sd1a dumps on sd1b

Other particulars:

I set up the disk as per the FAQ and installer instructions, allocating a
400M root+usr partition, a 90M swap partition, and a 10M Mac HFS partition
(in that order).

I set the types of the partition using the latest mkfs utility (1.45),
formatted the root+usr partition, and made the devices.

I installed all the 1.21 distribution binaries using the 1.1e installer.

I've tried booting with both the 1.103b1 and 1.9.5 booters.

The machine is a Centris 610 with 36M of RAM and a 40MHz Sonnet QuadDoubler
full-68040 accelerator; the NetBSD drive is a 500M drive at SCSI 1 (other
drives at SCSI 0 and SCSI 2); I have an Asante NuBus ethernet card
installed (no ethernet on the motherboard on my machine).

I am running MacOS 8 on the 610, though I started with extensions disabled,
as suggested.

Any ideas?

-Roy

--
rrwood@execulink.com           http://www.execulink.com/~rrwood

          Do you believe in Macintosh?  Check out:
           <http://www.evangelist.macaddict.com/>