Subject: Re: X Still Can't Find Color DB
To: Michael R Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/10/1997 00:01:04
Michael R Zucca wrote:

> I copied color.db and color.pag from my big-endian
> PowerComputing 132 running linux-ppc.
>
> What programs generate these files? Maybe I'll just
> roll my own.

I don't know what programs you use to generate them, but if you actually
copied color.db and color.pag, those are _not_ the files you need.  You
need rgb.pag and rgb.dir.  I don't know what kind of screwiness Linux's X
server uses, but I'm pretty sure the NetBSD/mac68k's server uses 'rgb' and
not 'color'.

If you have the bandwidth, download the X base package again, b/c I'm
pretty sure that it's in there.

I hope this helps.

Later.