Subject: Re: video/display problems
To: (Bill Studenmund) <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: None <wb2oyc@bellatlantic.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/08/1997 21:07:35
>I think this topic's fine for the list as we're moving toward using the
>on-board video drivers on video cards to be able to support color X,
>etc. A problem w/ seeing a monitor will mess us up too.

Cool!
[snip]

>Is NO DISPLAY a symptom, or error message?

symptom; a la, blank, dark screen.....plug in the Apple mono, fine.
And, by that, I mean I can see that the Mac is set for color, etc, and
the video is fine.  Your real close tho' Bill, I think.  Plus, I suspect,
but do not know for certain that some of the 3rd party cards don't
use the same pinout as Apple did (such as Raster Ops).  I aked the
question hoping to find out if that is (or was I should say) the case.
I need to find the answer because I need to purchase or fabricate a
cable that will work with a couple of RGB (BNC connectors) montiors
that I also have, and I've been frustrated by not being able to find a
cable at any of the stores around here.   Sure, plenty of them for PC
but not Mac....typical.

Paul