Subject: Re: PAP in ppp, help!
To: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@prez.buf.servtech.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/08/1997 15:00:09
> >works find. Using ZTerm here's what my school's computer says:
> >
> >   ---------------example #1:
> >   AT&FE1V1Q0&A3&B1&H1&R2&D0&C1x450
> >
> >   CONNECT 33600/ARQ/V34/LAPM/V42BIS CSULB
> >
> >   AutoProtocolDefect - Begin protocol or enter 4 returns for
> >interactive
> >   mode.

You should actually be able to just have the chat script stop here, and it
should work.

> >   ---------------example#2:
> >   AT&FE1V1Q0&A3&B1&H1&R2&D0&C1x450
> >   CONNECT 31200/ARQ/V34/LAPM/V42BIS CSULB
> >   AutoProtocolDefect - Begin protocol or enter 4 returns for
> >interactive
> >   mode.
> >
> >   <4 returns>
> >         Welcome to CSU Long Beach Remote Access Networks
> >   1. ACS Unix systems  - VANILLA         11. PPP    {PAP password
> >required}
> >   5. ENGR Unix systems - CHEETAH
> >   6. ENGR Unix systems - HEART
> >   7. ENGR Unix systems - BOLT
> >   9. Testing Office VAX system           19. Server Maintenance
> >                                          20. Disconnect/Hang-up.
> >Enter number of selection or use arrow keys:
> >press <RETURN>  to continue...
>
> OK, if you payed attention, you'd see that you want your Mac to wait for
> the keys: prompt, and then press 11. So, for this, you probably want your
> chat script to start off with something like:
>
> ABORT BUSY
> ABORT "NO CARRIER"
> ABORT "NO DIAL"
> TIMEOUT 10
> "" ATZ OK AT&FE1V1L1M1&Q5&K3m0
> OK ATDT$NUMBER
> TIMEOUT 60
> CONNECT ""
> ""
> ""
> ""
> ""
> keys: 11

I think (as noted in a part I deleted) that it should be "" "" above.

But I don't think it's needed. Just chop the chat script off after CONNECT
(well, CONNECT "") and it should be fine.

When the chat script ends, pppd expects to have ppp on the other side.
It looks like your server'll be happy with that.

Take care,

Bill