Subject: video/display problems
To: None <misc@openbsd.org, port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <wb2oyc@bellatlantic.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/08/1997 15:12:36
    This is not a NetBSD question, but since this is the place for
so many really astute Mac types, I wonder if anyone would like
to offer a diagnosis of what I'm seeing in direct email, to keep it
off the list.

     Anyway, I hope someone can shed some lite on this symptom.
Here goes....I own an Apple Multiple Scan 14 display, that came
with my Performa system (yes, I am also a NetBSD person, running
it on several of my old Mac's -- II's, IIx and IIci).  I also own several
different video cards for these machines, some of which produce
NO DISPLAY when this monitor is connected to them.  One of them
is an old Raster Ops card, which does produce usable display an
Apple mono is used, but nothing with this.  I also recently acquired
a IIsi with the intention of putting NetBSD on it.  If I connect this
monitor to the IIsi's internal video port I also get NO DISPLAY.

    The monitor works fine with several Apple NuBus cards, but I
get nothing when its connected to the IIsi, so I'm again forced to
use the mono.

    Anyone know whats going on here, and maybe could explain
why I also get nothing from the Raster Ops card?

Paul