Subject: Re: bootin' the NetBSD in the LCII
To: FilipeNascimento <polaris@mail.telepac.pt>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/07/1997 22:29:45
FilipeNascimento wrote:

> I've installed the NetBSD in a 500MB AU/X partition of my  LC II .
> When I was installing files with NetBSD/mac68k install Utility most of
> them ,in the end, gave errors like this :
>      Error on SCSIRead (), #5
>      Error on SCSIWrite (), #5
>      Error on SCSIRead (), #5
>      Error on SCSIRead (), #5
>      Error on SCSIWrite (), #5
>      Error on SCSIRead (), #5
>
> pos = 0, i = 11, fs = /
> alloccgblk:can't find blk in cyl
>
> ...this in all of them (distributed with NetBSD) except in the one called
> "netbsd121" (900k uncompressed).Could it be cause it's small??? But
> otherwise "etc121" is 350k uncompressed and gave the same error too :((

Try increasing the amount of memory allocated to the Booter.  Try giving
it as much as you can, actually.  This oftens seems to work.

>      When I was logging the bootlog gave me this...
> Using 153 buffers containing 626688 bytes of memory
>
> mrg:'Mac Classic II ROMs', ROM glue,tracing off,debug off,silent traps
> adb: bus subsystem
>

> ... and then it stoped and I'm forced to reboot the machine cause it
> simply freezes...

Hmmm...this shouldn't be happening...what booter are you using?  Do you
have any non-standard ADB devices?

> I hope someone can help me ... I'm kind new at this...sorry if my English
> is not correct but I'm not a native -speaker...

Don't worry, it's seems pretty good to me :-)

I hope this helps some.

Later.