Subject: Re: B&W X Windows on internal video?
To: John W. Price <pricej@cebaf.gov>
From: Michael R Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/07/1997 19:34:08
> >  intvid0 at obio0: DAFB: Monitor sense 1.
> >  intvid0: 640 x 480, monochrome
> >  grf0 at intvid0
> >  ite at grf0 not configured
>
> The lines I'm getting are somewhat different:
>
>    intvid0 at obio0: Internal Video
>    intvid0: 640x480, monochrome
>    grf0 at intvid0
>    ite0 at grf0 (minimal console)
>
> What have I done wrong?

Nothing. You shouldn't get what is listed above since your IIsi doesn't
have a DAFB controller like a Quadra.

However, you should have working internal video. Allen's been messing with
grf_iv.c a little bit and he may have accidently stepped on something.

I'm updating the internal video drivers as we speak. The first machine I'll
test on is my IIvx which is similar in some ways to the IIsi. If there's
a memory problem that won't let you run X I'll find it and fix it.

Just wait for a bit. In the next few days I should have something to release
to the general public.

Thanks!