Subject: Re: B&W X Windows on internal video?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Geoff Roberts <gjr01@uow.edu.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/07/1997 00:52:45
>If you can start the console on internal video then there's no reason
>why you can't run X in black and white.

   I have tried starting X in black and white on both 640x480 and 832x624
and I keep getting the "Fatal server error: Can't run X server with no
screens!".   I have both grf0 and grf1 devices in the /dev directory, but I
guess they aren't loading.   According to the FAQ this has something to do
with the kernel.   I am currently using GENERICSBC-37.

   Does anybody know how I might be able to get the graphics devices to
load with this kernel.

Thanks.