Subject: RE: Q610 Dos Compatible
To: Brian Cole <brian@tuc.loyinc.com>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/06/1997 10:22:14
On 9/6/97 at 1:07 AM -0500, Brian Cole <brian@tuc.loyinc.com> wrote:

> All Centris610s had 68LC040 chips, but most
> Quadra610s had full 68040s.
> The only Quadra610s that came with 68LC040s
> were the ones in the cheapest configuration, which
> I believe was the 8/160 configuration.

Yep. Like mine. And, like mine, you could get one without the internal
CD-ROM drive. It was a way to get a pretty fast machine at a reasonable
price.

> Also, some Quadra610s don't have built-in AAUI ethernet.

Are you sure of this? I got the rock-bottom cheapest Q610, and I would have
saved a few bucks if I could by avoiding Ethernet, but that didn't seem to
be an option. Very odd...

> Am I right in thinking that no Centris610s have built-in ethernet?

I *think* this is the case, but I can't verify it with any certainty.

--
Mason Loring Bliss  mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us
www.webtrek.com/mason    awake ? sleep() : dream();