Subject: Re: Video working on AV's?
To: Michael R Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
From: Christopher R. Bowman <crb@Glue.umd.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/05/1997 02:35:08
On Thu, 4 Sep 1997, Michael R Zucca wrote:

> Has anybody gotten B&W video to work on Quadra AV's?
>
> I was test booting on a Q840AV yesterday with a -current kernel and it
> booted up, made a horrible screech, and displayed the last line of
> the message just before the device initialization.
>
> Is this where the "madhatter" patch is supposed to be applied?
>
> A C650 booted great even in 16 bit mode so I suppose it is :)
>
> The reason I ask is that I was hacking on the AV's to figure out more
> of their video and I wanted to know if I can even boot a test kernel
> on them.
>
> If the madhatter patch does what I think then I might be able to make a
> more general solution.

My 660av boot now and runs pretty reliably, I have compile most of the
/usr/src tree and a whole kernel with out incident.   However, I have
found that where my IIci would boot with extensions on, it is absolutely
critical that my 660av have extentions OFF.  My present kernel is
a snapshot from about 8/27 or so, and has no special patches, it
is basically a GENERIC kernel with SONIC SBC NCR and a few other things
turned off, I would be happy to mail you the config file and the kernel
if you wish.

---------
Christopher R. Bowman
crb@Glue.umd.edu