Subject: Re: Questions, Questions, and yes more Questions
To: None <tcjam@voicenet.com>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/04/1997 21:13:11
tcjam wrote:

> Ok, I have gotten X up and running (every one clap =] ) and I don't know
> much about it but the one thing I miss the most about moving from dt to X
> is my inability to cut & paste. Would someone please tell me how I can do
> this if I indeed can?  And some resources on X would be very helpful in
> the next few months as I learn more and more about this.

To make a selection in X, you click button 1 (usually the left button) and
drag to cover the selection.  Alternately, you can click the start of a
selection with button 1 and the end with button 3 (usually the right
button).  Making a selection essentially copies the selected text to the X
clipboard.  To paste the selection, click button 2 (just about always the
middle button).  Of course, if you don't have buttons, there is usually
some form of keyboard emulation available.

As for info on X, the best resources that are readily available are the
man pages.  Otherwise, you'd have to go buy a book.  I don't really know
of any other online resources, but you can always dig around on the 'net.

> Second thing is, I recently saw a post about mounting the
> mailing-lists/port-mac68k as an nfs filesystem. Does anyone know if you
> could use this at netbsd.org? Or anywhere else..? Also could you mount one
> of these sites and just untar the archives over nfs?
> Any comments?

I don't think that netbsd.org handles afs (I seriously doubt that the site
mentioned before does nfs exporting, although I could always be wrong).
As for other sites, I know that there are several sites that do AFS, but I
don't know how many of them carry the NetBSD distribution.  Personally,
I'd rather just use FTP.  I figure it's probably quite a bit faster (and
quite a bit easier to configure).

I hope this helps some.

Later.