Subject: Centris 610 users out there?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Roy Wood <rrwood@execulink.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/04/1997 09:36:46
I'm in the process of getting NetBSD up and running on my Centris 610, and
would like to talk to any other C610 users out there who've had any sort of
success.  So far, I've tried booting a bunch of the kernels to see how far
I get in the boot process, but things are hanging before the boot code
tries to mount the root drive.  In particular, booting Allen's
latest/greatest, I get to here:

sn0 at obio0trap type 0, code = c5, v = 85b002
kernel: bus error trap
pid = 0 pc = 000cbb40 ps = 2000 sfc = 00001 dfc = 00001

<register dump omitted for brevity's sake>

panic: bus error
stopped at _Debugger+0x6: unlk a6

At this point, I'm sitting in the kernel debugger, though there's not a lot
I can do right now.

So, anyone have any idea if it's just the kernel?  All the others I tried
give similar results (sadly, no C610 users registered on bullwinkle, so no
suggestions for a "good" kernel to use).

I wouldn't mind doing the dirty work of figuring out what's going on here.
I assume that if I go ahead and install NetBSD, then I should be able to
start doing some work to figure out where/why things are dying, right?  Any
pointers to info on kernel debugging, folks?

Oh-- just in case it's relevant, I've got a Centris 610 with a Sonnet
QuadDoubler 40MHz full 68040 accelerator, 36M RAM, and an Asante NuBus
ethernet card (can't recall the exact specs on the ethernet card, and I'm
at work so I can't check).

-Roy