Subject: Re: NetATalk Config Docs?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@prez.buf.servtech.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/04/1997 16:53:06
>> I see that NetBSD now supports NetATalk. Are there any docs/FAQs that
>> coudl clue me in on how to set it up? I'd like to set up a printer
>> on Ghostscript that will appear to a PowerMac to be a post-script printer
>> on the Ethernet.
>
>There are docs in the netatalk distribution. They cover setting up a
>Appletalk printer which prints to a local queue. Though I've never used
>it.

One other point is that while NetBSD supports AppleTalk, it does NOT
support LocalTalk. This means that you can't use the NetBSD box as a
LocalTalk/EtherTalk bridge a la LaserWriter Bridge, because the printer
would be in serial mode instead of localtalk mode. That's my understanding,
anyway, but people may correct me if I'm wrong as I haven't tried it.

Mike

Bikers don't *DO* taglines.