Subject: Re: *sigh* Another quadra test kernel
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@prez.buf.servtech.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/04/1997 09:18:20
>OK...  I made a small goof in the kernel from last night.  I have placed
>a new one up for ftp on:
>	ftp://ftp.macbsd.com/pub/outgoing/briggs/netbsd-970903.gz
>
>If it boots on your system, it should work.  Please try it and let me
>know how it does...

It seems to work fine on my system :). One thing I noticed in the startup
sequence is that with your kernel from a couple weeks ago when it looked
for core dumps, it would say something like
savecore: cannot find device 100/114
followed by what looks like a log entry with the same message. With this
kernel, it changes the numbers to 72/64. What exactly are those for, and
are they important? What device are they looking for?

Thanks for your time/effort
Mike

Bikers don't *DO* taglines.