Subject: Re: Config printer and modem
To: Jean-Paul Lauque <j-paul.lauque@aix.pacwan.net>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/03/1997 10:21:44

> Hello
>
> I installed NetBSD 1.2.1/X11R6 on my Performa 450 36Mo RAM/3Go HD,
> few months ago.
> I begin in the world of BSD.
> I write you this mail because i have two problems of the same kind.
> I don't know how to configure my printer and my modem.
> My printer is a HP DeskWriter 550C and my modem is a Global Village Teleport
> Gold II.
> What can i to do for print with this printer and go to net with this modem ?
> Thanks for your help.

For the modem, there are a couple of PPP kits on ftp.macbsd.com which
you can use.

For the printer, get a copy of GhostScript. There's an old one on
ftp.macbsd.com (which I put there) which is languishing. Also, for a
DeskWriter 550C, just use a stock version of GhostScript. The patches
I made were for the DeskWriter ____  (I.E. the DeskWriter w/o a number).
The 500 & on are covered well by GS.

Take care,

Bill