Subject: Re: Q610 owners?
To: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/03/1997 12:01:15
>  Displaying memory from f9800000

Thanks.  I'll try not to lose it...  :-)

> If your kernel is ftp.netbsd.org/NetBSD/arch/mac68k/kernels/test.gz, then I

Nope.  My latest one is:
	ftp://ftp.macbsd.com/pub/outgoing/briggs/netbsd-970903.gz

It should be the same scsi driver as before, basically.  It turns out
that the Q700 and probably 900/950 are different in this respect from
the 6xx/800.  I've got a query off to someone who might be able to give
me a hint.

> Once it looks like there's a working kernel again, I'd love to throw myself
> at the FPE problem.

Please do.  Also talk to Kelly Campbell (camk@ksu.ksu.edu).  He's done
some work on it and found a major problem.  He says that there are still
some problems, though, that cause crashes (core dumps, I assume), but
there are also some problems that cause incorrect results.
is@netbsd.org has also been working on the FPE, but he has a 68060, not
a 68LC040 (apparently the 68060 FPU can be disabled on-board).

-allen

--
              Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@macbsd.com