Subject: Re: New quadra scsi kernel
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
From: Christoph Ewering <eweri@uni-paderborn.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/03/1997 11:57:12
Hello everybody!

During the testing of Allens new kernels, I had problems with X.
Usualy i use the madhatter #40 and have no problem with X.

Allen ask me to try a current GENERIC kernel, but they did not boot at
all.
I tried the GENERIC #37 and #38 from ftp.netbsd.org/..../arch/mac68k/
but the Bootloader and "Das Boot" did not boot this kernels.
The Bootlaoder said something about wrong or unknown kernel-format.

I've downloaded the kernels with fetch in binary mode, use cpin to get
it onto the NetBSD partition, gunziped and renamed it to netbsd.

Whats wrong?
Maybe the kernels at ftp.netbsd.org/..../arch/mac68k/ are corrupted?

Bis denn,
	Christoph

Christoph Ewering         eweri@uni-paderborn.de
Husarenstrasse 48         Fon: 05254 12555
33104 Paderborn           www.uni-paderborn.de/Admin/eweri/