Subject: Re: IIvx SCSI problems
To: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
From: Michael R Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/03/1997 01:05:01
> On Sep 2,  4:04pm, Michael R Zucca wrote:
> >the kernel that worked was built by Scott. Is it possible that wormey is
> >working with an upgraded system and Scott is working with a fresh build?
>
> Nope.  I built the entire thing from scratch.  Twice, actually, that week.

A build world?

I just compiled the latest -current today and it works fine but GENERIC38
goofs up with SCSI errors.

It's hard to say, really. I would mod kernels and they would go nuts with
SCSI errors and then I would tweak some code and it would exhibit no errors.
Strangely, the code I would touch wasn't related or even touched hardware!
That was months ago, though, and I was using 1.2 tools with a 1.2.1 kernel.

I assume nothing has changed in the last few days. How is it that we can
build the same kernel and one works and one doesn't?