Subject: Re: X Windows Question
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@prez.buf.servtech.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/02/1997 17:08:00
>> Second your SE/30 will NEVER serve color X (note the X usage of serve)
>> since it's dislay is black and white only.
>
>Aren't there video cards for the SE/30? Or are those for the SE only? I
>remember using a SE with a nice full page portrait monitor. It was black
>and white though, but I seem to remember seeing ads for color cards.

Yes, the Mac SE/30 (but NOT the SE) does indeed have color-capable ROMs,
which means that it understands color, and can work with it. So, if you use
a card with an external monitor, you can serve color X.

>Moreover none of the
>Mac platforms will (at the moment) serve color X, as we are all
>still waiting for MRZ to publish his code.

This statement is incorrect as written. Correctly, it should say that no
Macs can serve color X with their _internal_ video. With (compatible)
cards, any Mac that can run NetBSD can be a color X-server.

Mike

Bikers don't *DO* taglines.