Subject: Re: Bad news :-(
To: Johnny Chi-Lung Lam <jlbg+@andrew.cmu.edu>
From: tcjam <tcjam@voicenet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/02/1997 12:58:41
The fact that SBC doesn't recognize the SCSI bus on the LCIII (P450,P46x)
machines is the problem now I have a P460 (Same machine clocked to 33mhz)
and I'm lucky enough to be able to use regular GENERIC kernels now that I
have gotten a 2gig Quantum drive but if I try to use GENERIC kernels on my
SyQuest EZ135 drive I get *severe* filesystem damage&. I have not tried
the latest SBC kernels but I know everything from 27 yo 36 would not
recognize my scsi bus for some reason while 26 does. So go figure.

& Note: this only appears to happen when I boot from my EZ135 drive.

On Tue, 2 Sep 1997, Johnny Chi-Lung Lam wrote:

> I own a Performa 450, which is supposed to be equivalent to an LC III,
> and it is running GENERIC-37 + current-970819 perfectly.  My hardware
> is 36MB RAM, external 4.3GB Quantum Fireball, FPU.  I disconnected my
> internal drive because it was just too noisy.  The only thing that doesn't
> work on my machine is SBC, which doesn't recognize the SCSI bus.  I'm
> unsure as to why other "LCIII" owners aren't able to get -current to
> boot or run on their machines.  I'll grab sup and start compiling
> kernels if it will help anyone.
>
> --
>    Johnny C. Lam
>    Department of Statistics                 lamj@stat.cmu.edu
>    Carnegie Mellon University               http://www.stat.cmu.edu/~lamj/
>
>                                 @>---`---,----

                                 \||||/
                                  o  o
|| "Please explain to me the scientific          |  tcjam@voicenet.com ||
||   nature of the whammy." -Scully              ______________________||
|| "Foolproof systems don't take into account,                         ||
||  the ingenuity of fools" -Unknown 			               ||
||   PGP key can be obtained from:                                     ||
||      http://www.voicenet.com/~tcjam/home/keys.html                  ||