Subject: Re: Bad news :-(
To: Michael Peters <sailor@oro.net>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/02/1997 10:36:24
>   I have found that none of the recent kernels are functional on the
> LCIII, I recommend you find the GENERICSBC kernel #15 or #16.  [...]
> I have decided to just stay at #15, and upgrade only once 1.3 comes out

Umm...  If -current doesn't work on the LCIII, then it's unlikely that
1.3 will unless we figure out why it's not working now and fix it.

Does Scott know that -current doesn't run on the LCIII?

Are there any LCIII owners who can compile kernels and try to help narrow
down why it's not working?

I wasn't following the list for a while, so I don't know how much it was
discussed, but it's very useful to know if there is any regression when
new kernels are released.  There are a boatload of macs and they're all
a little different, so it's hard to know what a seemingly innocuous
change might affect.

-allen

--
              Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@macbsd.com