Subject: Re: Q610 Problems - Advice Sought
To: Edward Cox <ecox@magna.com.au>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/02/1997 10:31:35
> I've installed GENERIC-37 and tried GENERICSBC-37 with all the 'current'

With the Q610, the GENERIC vs. GENERICSBC should make no difference
since the only difference between them is a driver for a chip that you
don't have.  :-)

> few commands I get 'segmentation fault' and sometimes 'segmentation fault
> - core dumped' when trying commands such as 'ps' or even 'ls'.

This sounds like FPE problems.  Do you have the 68040 or 68LC040?  I
suspect that you have the LC040 and a buggy one, at that.

Perhaps someone else can clarify this for sure...

I think it may be slightly out of date now, but you might want to take a
look at http://www.macbsd.com/macbsd/LC040-and-BSD.html

-allen

--
              Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@macbsd.com