Subject: Re: More Info on Trouble Booting NetBSD on MacII
To: Armen Babikyan <armenb@moof.ai.mit.edu>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/02/1997 01:18:50
At 3:10 Uhr +0200 31.08.1997, Armen Babikyan wrote:
>At 5:24 PM -0700 8/30/97, Craig L. Fullerton wrote:
>>Hi,
>>  I foprgot to give more info my machine I was trying to use to boot
>>NetBSD...
>>1) MacII with MMU chip
>
>this reminds me: if anyone knows of any MacII's with PMMU chips that are
>being dumped, please save me the PMMU chips. :-)
>
>I don't care for the FDHD drives, as NetBSD/mac68k can't use them. i just
>need the chips.
>
>i have access to a lot of Mac II's with standard 800k disk roms and no
>PMMU, but they're no use to me if they don't run NetBSD/mac68k :-)

FYI, the German magazine "c't" had a small project a couple of years ago
(7/1993) that replaced a 68020 with a 68030 and a few PALs. They still sell
the PCBs for 40 DM + shipping. If you know how to deal with a soldering
iron the PCB   and a used '030 may be a lot cheaper than an MMU - and give
you about 10% more speed, too.

(Colin: Put that into your FAQ?)

	hauke