Subject: Quadra 630 Question
From: SamMaEl <rimsky@teleport.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/01/1997 18:35:48
	I have a Quadra 630 that I just got and would like to run BSD on.
I have an external 1.3 GB hard drive which I already have it installed on
and have been running fine on my IIci (which I gave to my mom) for months
now. I tried booting exactly as I had run it on my IIci, and it hung up. I
was using the GENERIC kernel which came with the 1.2.1 release... which
kernel should I use that has been known to work with a Quadra 630? It is
pretty much a standard 630, with 12 MB RAM now... plus my external 1.3 GB
SCSI and 12x SCSI CD-ROM (both which worked fine with the IIci)

	And, once I update the kernel, will I need to update anything
else? Should I stick with the 1.2.1 release or should I try for -current?

	- Ryan

-----
My name is rewt... you have SIGKILLed my father... prepare to vi!