Subject: Re: GENERICSBC won't work?
To: Johnny Chi-Lung Lam <jlbg+@andrew.cmu.edu>
From: Armen Babikyan <armenb@moof.ai.mit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/01/1997 21:28:37
>>>Is there a reason why the GENERICSBC kernels don't recognize
>>
>>yeah, scroll up, problem was just mentioned by me. get GENERICSBC#26 from
>>tcjam's website and try that:
>>http://www.voicenet.com/~tcjam/macbsd/kernels
>>

>No no no...GENERIC kernels (from 26->37) work *perfectly* on my LCIII.
>However, I was under the impression that we would switch over completely to
>sbc once the code had matured, and I'm concerned because none of the SBC
>kernels in the kernels directory on ftp.netbsd.org will recognize my SCSI
>bus.

note how the boot stops when recognizing the SCSI bus? i think something
would be wrong/not-backwards-compatible with the newer kernels. at least
that was my experience.
just go ahead and try GENERICSBC#26. it wouldn't hurt. it worked for me :-)
  - a

 Armen Babikyan - armenb@moof.ai.mit.edu
    ----<insert lame quote here>----