Subject: X Windows Question
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rodney M. Hopkins <rhopkins@sunflower.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/01/1997 17:33:19
I've recently started running MacBSD on my SE/30 with 8M RAM and 250M disk.
 From what I understand there is no color X Windows on this platform.  The
question I have is, if I get X Windows running on this machine, can it act
as an X-Server so that I can run X-Windows applications off of the SE/30
machine assuming I have an X client for the other machine?  Will the
X-Windows served up from the SE/30 to another machine be in color assuming
the other machine is in fact color?

The reason I ask is because I have little desire to try and run X on a
9-inch 512x348 mono screen and I would be much happier if I can run X on
another machine in my network and attach to the SE/30.

Thanks very much for your help,

Rodney M. Hopkins
rhopkins@sunflower.com