Subject: Re: problem booting IIci
To: Joe Koro - EDS <koro@edss1061.tpc.natp.gmeds.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/01/1997 14:39:21
> I just finished installing NetBSD 1.2.1 on an Apple IIci's external disk (1GB
> IBM disk) - netbsd, base, etc, man & text. The disk was partitioned using
> APS273. The Mac is running MacOS 7.5, but when I try to boot using
> NetBSD/Mac68k Booter, the Mac freezes up. Any idea about what I'm doing
> wrong?

It's hard to say.  At what point does it freeze up?  (What's the last
thing you see?)
Are you in 32-bit addressing mode?  Do you have virtual memory disabled?
Do you have any extensions loaded that might change the way that memory
is mapped on the system?  How much RAM do you have in each bank, and are
you using internal video or nubus video?

-allen

--
              Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@macbsd.com