Subject: Re: Bad news :-(
To: Alex Thome <fthome@amug.org>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/31/1997 23:03:45
Alex Thome wrote:

> That would explain it. Mac BSD (68K) doesn't haver support for LC
> processors. I believe it's because of the lack of a FPU.

[user having trouble booting any netbsd kernel....]

> > sorry I forgot to tell you that I have a LCIII.....
> >
> > York P. Block

Actually, NetBSD-current has supported LCII's and LCIII's for quite a
while (shortly after the 1.2 release, actually).  There is no issue of LC
processors, all LCII's and LCIII's have 68030's which work perfectly well
with NetBSD.  If your machine doesn't have an FPU, you should consider
getting the FPU-less math library off of ftp.macbsd.com.  The specific
location is mentioned in the FAQ.

I hope this helps.

Later.