Subject: Re: Which is better Q650 or Q700?
From: Bruce Anderson <brucea@wavefront.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/30/1997 03:49:00
On Fri, Aug 29, 1997 5:14 PM, Colin Wood <mailto:cwood@ichips.intel.com>
wrote:
Which machine would be better for running NetBSD?  A Q650 w/ 66MHz
> '040 or
Take the unmodified Q650.

> a Q700 w/ 40MHz '040?  Would there be a significant (i.e. noticeable)
> difference between NetBSD performance on the 2?
Q650 has a biger power supply and its newer.

All 040's run internaly 2x there external clock speed.
Motorola identified there chips by there external clock speed and
Intel identified there chips by there internal clock speed.

> How much speedup is there from a fast '030 machine to an '040 machine?
my P475 was 50 % faster in CPU bench marks than my friends' IIfx.
So the Q650=DX2 66, Q700=DX2 40, P475=SX2 50, IIfx=~SX 40

> Thanks.
>
> --
> Colin Wood                                 cwood@ichips.intel.com
> Component Design Engineer - MD6                 Intel Corporation
> I speak only on my own behalf, not for my employer.

     . .  I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape *somewhere*!

Bruce Anderson
Burnsville MN, USA
http://www.wavefront.com/~brucea
send Mail mailto:Brucea@wavefront.com